- Submissions are open so people can send in quotes or art or anything related to the book.
- You can also send in questions or thoughts to the ask box, and that way we’ll (hopefully) have a semi-steady discussion going as we read.
- I’ll try to organize a tinychat at a convenient time around once a week so that we can have an open discussion about the book.
Picking the book:
- I’ll open ask box for a specific amount of time. In that time period, you can send in suggestions for which book we should read next.
- After people submit their suggestions, I’ll make a post listing all the titles that were suggested. You then vote for which book you’d like to read.
- To vote, either reply to the post saying which book you’d like to read, or send us a message with the book title.
- After voting closes, I’ll post the winning book
- Depending on the book, we’ll ask that you read a certain number of chapters each week so that everyone is at the same place when we have our discussions.
- For books with longer chapters, we’ll have it just be one a week. For books with shorter chapters, we may have it be two or three.
- I know this pace can be slow for some, but we want everyone - including people who are either slower readers or who have less time to read - to be able to participate.
- It’s fine if you read ahead, but if you do, please keep in mind where the group is in the book before sending in submissions, responding to questions, etc. We don’t want anyone accidentally spoiling something for others.
- Be respectful of other’s opinions. This is an open discussion so everyone gets to say their share.
- No derogatory terms!
- People are going to disagree about things. That’s okay. What’s not okay is insulting others because of disagreements.
- Just be kind to one another. It’s no fun when people get nasty.
If you have any further questions, feel free to send us a message